September 15, 2010

NFC L-East Review/Preview (Wks. 1 and 2)

Fantasy football is upon us which can only mean one thing. The NFL has started back up. Since I am clearly a Redskins fan and have minimal time to update my blog, I am doing my weekly NFC East article. I just don't have the time for the rest of the league. Plus the two biggest earners in the NFL play in this division.

  • Redskins 13 - Cowboys 7 (14) -- I understand completely that Alex Barron held Brian O-sack-po on the last play. But I feel the need to say that there is absolutely zero reason for Roy Williams to be THAT open on that play. Inexcusable. It's also not a certainty that Orakpo even makes that sack, Romo is a tricky bastard in the pocket.  DJ Gallo described it best, "Only Tony Romo can throw a game-winning touchdown on the last play and have it result in a loss."
  • Packers 27 - Eagles 20 -- I have never seen a team's hopes and dreams crushed so ruthlessly, yet revitalized so quickly. In the first game of the season their quarterback of the future goes 5 for 10 with 24 yards, and then gets face-planted from his blind side. Which was immediately followed by their quarterback of the present, Michael Vick, coming in and tearing the field up. He did look a little tight at the end of the game but I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. He's Michael Vick.
  • Giants 31 - Panthers 18 --  The Giants put up the most points of any of the NFC East teams and after trailing at the half 16-13, came out and put it together well. Sloppy end of the game though. Eli Manning is still their QB, so there's always that problem.
WEEK 2 GAMES
  •  Chicago at Dallas -- I think the Cowboys will put it together this week. Rivalry games are always a little off... Dallas 27 - Chicago 13
  •  Philadelphia at Detroit -- I hope this is the 1 o'clock game in my area. Vick should do bad things against the Lions... Philadelphia 19 - Detroit 9 
  • Houston at Washington -- I don't see the Redskins being able to slow down the Texans passing attack. I do feel that they can contain Arian Foster... Houston 24 - Washington 17 
  • NY Giants at Indianapolis -- The Giants shouldn't be able to stay with the Colts. Look for Peyton to dominate Eli on the field and in the commercials, as usual... Indianapolis 24 - NY Giants 13

2 comments:

  1. what about afc east - dolphins? i am just sayin... and what about jason... loved him as a dolphin, liked him as a redskin, but jets... following the money (or so he thinks)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was the worst as a Redskin. If I do the AFC East you will have to deal with Tom Brady and his ego... I'll do it, but it's going to get ugly.

    ReplyDelete