September 18, 2010

Sick Song Saturday

I just got back from a birthday dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Absolutely delicious, incredibly filling. While driving home I needed something chill to listen to while digesting my cheese fries and wings. The problem is my mind was focused on driving while trying not to "take my talents to South Beach" all over the seat. I couldn't think of anything other than those two quite important issues, so I threw the IPod on shuffle... Well what do you know, "High Life" by U.G.K. came on. Needless to say I put the track on repeat and my ride home was relaxing... Almost too relaxing, but you all don't need to hear that.

"...because it ain't like they make higher levels gainable/ and that full piece of American pie/ just ain't attainable. So how can I sustain a full life/ before death. Man I'm left out here to make it by my god damn self/ Now come on..."

U.G.K. -- High Life (Ridin Dirty-1996) 

2 comments:

  1. Your use of the now overused euphemism "taking my talents to south beach" is foul.

    And, UGK can only be found on 1 truly amazing song.

    Big Pimpin

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut up... never sully UGK's name by bringing some crap like that into a perfectly good post.

    ReplyDelete