October 1, 2010

Michael Vick

Michael Vick is playing absurdly well right now if you were not aware. I shiver to think what he is going to do to the Redskins this weekend. The only thing I will say is that with everything that is surrounding this game, there is absolutely no predicting what will happen. But that is not what this is about. This is about Michael Vick the person, and how many do not approve of the opporunity he has been given. I've talked about this issue many times over and my thoughts have been best summed up by ESPN comedian, Bill Simmons.

"If Vick didn't pay a reasonable price for his sins, it would be one thing. But he torched his career, blew a lucrative contract, went bankrupt, spent 19 months in prison and became a public pariah. That wasn't a reasonable price? Every prison sentence has four goals: remove a lawbreaking person from society; assess an appropriate penalty; incarcerate the individual as a deterrence from ever breaking the law again; and hopefully, rehabilitate him or her to become a contributing and upstanding member of society. With Vick, the first three goals were accomplished. The fourth goal seems to have been accomplished. What more do you want? Deny him a chance to make a living? Under what constitutional umbrella? The man paid his price."

That's all there really is to say in my not so humble opinion.
Article here in it's entirety.

4 comments:

  1. Aye Pandas fantasy basketball is is up. Get ya squad ready. If you've got someone else that you know that would be interested. Send em on.

    http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?jsubmit=1&league_id=67257&password=charliehorse&.scrumb=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know man... working on finishing two right now. I been busy between fantasy sports and my son. Im slackin though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm pissed I missed out on the Fantasy Football.

    ReplyDelete