October 17, 2010

Sick Song Saturday

Those of you who have been around me long enough know I am prone to many boisterous and bold claims. The most consistent of which, my claim that Cormega is the greatest rapper ever, generally falls on deaf ears even though I feel it is not the least bit bold. Generally these claims end with me throwing up my hands in disgust and agreed that Cormega is the greatest rapper ever in MY opinion. I truly don't feel you can get a good feel for him as a rapper unless you hear everything. I recommend giving a listen to every verse of his you can find. Right now I leave you with one of my favorite songs and one of his better verses... Keep in mind, neither is his best work, just what I have been listening to recently. That's how dope this dude is... or in his words "Rhymes so dope I hope I make it through customs"

"I paint a picture vividly as if Picasso's spirit entered me/ Staring at the heavens/ Secluded in a tinted jeep/ I'm sick of hearing eulogies/ I realize my/ Nigga Blue is a reminder of my past like Greek ruins yet his seed keeps blooming/ Unaffected by police intrusions/ Or street illusions we were consumed with/ I've even grown away from/ people I grew with/ I mean we cool but I don't need the bullshit/ My mood could switch easily/ From smooth to ruthless/ We ain't built the same so mind games are useless/ Time's change/ Like the climate/ I changed/ Check the forecast/ I reign (rain)."

Cormega - The Saga (The Realness)  <-- Dope song

And the illest verse of the decade goes to Mega...  3rd verse by the way but give Lake a listen as well.

"Niggas rap about the game but never been in it/ Mega's equivalent to Eric Dickerson/ Incredibly gifted/ The thoroughest lyrics since the era of Sega Genesis/ Float like a Pegasus/ my potential is infinite/ I was blessed with a gift to spit so hard and strenuous/ It resonates through prison gates and halls of tenements/ Where dealers rise and fall like temperatures/ Cold bodies make the block hot as Caribbeans its real in the field/ Serious I got a myriad of skills/ You aint feelin me/ Do you/ I'll do me and you ain't gotta deal with it/ That G-O-Rilla shit had Lake and me facing sentences that's continuous/ So I send what I can/ Or visit friends in the 'pen like ink/ The streets know who the realest is/ We go deep like syringes/ and bring heat like Shaquille and them/ I drop jewels and rock clearer ones and popped many guns/ On the block when we chopped and measured up"   Seriously... illest verse.

Cormega & Lake - The Oath (My Brother's Keeper)

3 comments:

  1. Mega's the truth. I use to think him and AZ were the second coming when I was a teen. The Saga is one of my favorites too. I can't even go past Mobb Deeps "What's your poison" and NOT stop and wait for Mega's verse to start...

    "My pen is sick like a heroine addict whenever Mega's spits"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love AZ but I can understand why some people are turned off by him. From where they started, Mega definitely evolved more as a rapper yet stayed the same. Its dope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nelly dropped by and wants to lay claim to top 5 albums of all time.

    I went there

    Future sick song saturday:

    -Oh Boy
    Cam'ron

    ReplyDelete