August 19, 2012

"My Anunnaki Flow"

By now most of you have heard "Nibiru" by Ab-Soul. The song is absolute fire and is probably my favorite out of the trio of releases TDE just let out. If you haven't heard it TSS has all three in one post (here:TDE Christmas). The subject matter of the song is what made me listen to it first. Now I hate to be that guy here, but Ab-Soul has his facts mixed up in this song. I know, I know, he doesn't care and he was just making some damn good music while possibly comparing the TDE movement's affect on rap to a world altering event. I'm not talking shit. All I'm saying here is that the "true" story behind Anunnaki and the Nibiru cataclysm is actually far more interesting than he could have possibly explained in four minutes even with wikipedia open in front of him. So I went out and found the sites for you. I hope you enjoy the read.

And for those of you that get lost in wikipedia, I apologize in advance for the lost time spent learning.

Nibiru Cataclysm

Nibiru (from Babylonian Astronomy)

Anunnaki (Sumerian Gods)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I read this. I swear I need to stop listening to songs strictly on some "rap shit," sometimes it's more than beats and rhymes.

    I'm definitely reading these Wikipedia articles.

    I read somewhere people comparing K Dot to Lupe, but Ab-Soul would be a better comparison to Lupe when it comes to the depth of subject matter in his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ab-Soul would definitely be a better comparison to Lupe. Not that he's preachy as some complain about Lupe, but he's just out there. After the recent interview another would be Charles Hamilton minus the fuckery that makes so many hate him.

    If I had to compare Kendrick to someone it would actually be Nas. Not saying they are equals, but you can tell Kendrick still feels that tug of the streets, but also realizes his talent can have him rise above it. I feel like that inner battle is the reason we got the generally abhorred "Nastradamus" album.

    ReplyDelete