August 23, 2012

#np Le$ - Making Noise

In the past I've never liked Houston music. Never been a fan of Paul Wall or Slim Thug. Never was a fan of chopped & screwed. However over the past two plus years, age and kids have expanded my horizons. While I still don't vibe with Paul Wall I've come to appreciate chopped & screwed for what it brings to the table. With this new line of thinking a few weeks ago I decided to give Le$ "Playa Potna" mixtape a spin. I'd heard and read a few things about the tape and it was unanimously good so I figured why not. I was pleasantly surprised. The mixtape is Slim Thug heavy so I assumed two things about Le$. One, he's from Houston. Two, Boss Hogg Outlawz has to be Slim Thug's record label or something. After a quick google search I'm still not entirely certain. I'm pretty sure he's from Houston and I'm almost positive Boss Hogg Outlawz is a rap group and record label. Please correct me if I'm wrong though as a little knowledge never hurts. Anyway. This morning I was driving and Le$- Making Noise came on and fit perfectly with the nice weather, windows down, system up mood I was in. While it isn't close to my favorite song on the tape, it stuck today and was playing at all times in the whip.


Le$, Lil Keke, Mug & Dre Day - Making Noise

No comments:

Post a Comment