March 17, 2011

Friday's Round 2 Predictions (Now Streamlined)

After trial and error last night, or simply just error, I've decided to do my predictions by region instead of time of tip-off. Heeeeere we go. *Slick Rick voice*

*winner in BOLD*

EAST:

1 Ohio State v. 16 UT-San Antonio -- Not much to see here... Or is there?

8 George Mason v. 9 Villanova -- Villanova choked away a two-seed last year and ended this year on a cold streak.

6 Xavier v. 11 Marquette -- This should be a good game but I've heard good things about Tu Holloway and Xavier so I'm going with them.

3 Syracuse v. 14 Indiana State -- There ain't no Larry Legend here. There is Scoop Jardine on Syracuse though.

7 Washington v. 10 Georgia -- I like the way this Washington team plays and with a point guard named Isaiah Thomas, I like this team getting to at least the Sweet 16.

2 North Carolina v. 15 Long Island -- It seems crazy yes, but it's just crazy enough to work. UNC starts slow and gets stagnant for stretches, Long Island scores and then scores some more after that.

WEST:

1 Duke v. 16 Hampton -- I don't like Duke but I'm not that crazy.

8 Michigan v. 9 Tennessee -- With the spectre that is the Bruce Pearl saga surrounding this Tennessee team, I don't see them playing very well. Plus Michigan has Tim Hardaway Jr.

5 Arizona v. 12 Memphis -- Two words, Derrick Williams.

4 Texas v. 13 Oakland --  Mid-major teams with NBA prospects are dangerous come tourney time. Oh wait, teams with NBA prospects are dangerous come tourney time.

SOUTHWEST:

1 Kansas v. 16 Boston University -- Not worth it.

8 UNLV v. 9 Illinois -- Did the Big Ten really deserve 7 teams in the tourney this year? I doubt it.

6 Georgetown v. 11 VCU -- If Chris Wright is healthy and himself this Georgetown team could make it to the Elite Eight. Without a fully healthy Wright, Georgetown could lose here.

3 Purdue v. 14 St. Peter's -- I'm feeling lazy, not much to see here.

7 Texas A&M v. 10 Florida State -- Toss up really. I like the Singleton kid on Florida State, but he has been hurt.

2 Notre Dame v. 15 Akron -- Yawn.

Yesterday: 11-5      Tournament: 14-6

No comments:

Post a Comment